Friday, August 3, 2007

You all should check out this link and read this amazing story about a newborn baby that was rescued from a public outhouse in Haiti. It truly is a miracle. http://www.handsandfeetproject.org/news.php#news2
I find myself feeling surrounded by tragedy these days. The bridge collapse in MN, that really hit close to home. Then I received an e-mail from a cousin and her sisters, husbands father(if you can follow that) just died in a car accident. In the other car was a 5 y.o. who is in critical condition and is now an orphan as his mother and father died in the accident. Oh, that just brought me to tears, I know I'm emotional already but there's only so much your heart can take. The only peace I find comes from the Lord knowing that He is Sovereign and not a sparrow falls from the sky without him knowing. I find it amazing as I was spending time just days ago in His word it was almost as if He was preparing my heart for this. I was reading James 4:15 If the Lord wills, we will do this or that. We will not die unless it is the Lords will and just because we are Christians that doesn't mean that we are going to always be safe as we live our life on this earth or that we will be comfortable. The only guarantee it gives us is for everlasting joy in heaven. We can not say that He is sovereign and not have it include Him being sovereign over our very life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,
Thanks for the encouraging words. I need to be reminded that we are not alone in this world but that God is in total control. I start teaching tomorrow and knowing that God knows what I need makes me feel a whole lot better.
-Erin

Heather said...

Erin, Your students are so blessed to have a teacher that is praying over them. They may never know it, but the impact that you'll have is far greater then anything else you could do for them!

Carol said...

Hi Heather,
That was a great little devotional for me today. You have a very tender heart when it comes to families and children. Oh.....love the music. And the pictures! Love you. Carol