Monday, September 17, 2007

Dear Jesus

Well, I have to share this story, mostly for myself so that I won't forget it! The other night I was putting Isaac to bed and I was just tucking him in and getting ready to leave when he tried to tell me that he was scared (with half a smile on his face). I said no, you're not scared you're just fine and I am going to be right in the kitchen working. But he insisted that he really was scared and that I should stay in there with him. So, being the quick thinking mom that I am (yeah, right!) I said well, let's pray to Jesus to help you not be scared, to protect you and help you sleep really good. So we said our prayers again and he went to sleep. Now tonight, Isaac and Eva were playing downstairs and I heard Isaac say, "Mommy, Eva's scared". Joe and I were upstairs cleaning up after supper and Joe said Well, go back down there and tell her that's it's o.k. she doesn't need to be scared and you'll protect her. So he went back downstairs and after a minute came back up and said "Mommy, I prayed to Jesus that Eva wouldn't be scared anymore and now she isn't!"

2 comments:

Carol said...

What a smart boy that Isaac is! (That's because he has a very smart mom) And great pictures, Heather! Grandma Carol

Laura Lu said...

Ahhhhh...you're such a good Mommy!!!