Thursday, January 17, 2008

Schedules


Personally, I am an ANTI-schedule type of person. The polar opposite of my husband...I like to fly by the seat of my pants, he likes things structured and orderly. I am the same way when it comes to the day to day operations of running this household. However, Eva and Sophia have somehow happened upon the exact same schedule. A schedule that has me sitting down to nurse Sophia and just about the time that my milk starts letting down and you can hear Sophia gulping, Eva looks at me with a funny look on her face and those brown eyes of hers get really big and she says "potty!". Which has me literally "nursing on the run" while getting to the bathroom, sitting on the floor and maneuvering Eva's pull up off and helping her up to the potty. Did I mention that I'm still nursing while this is going on? There should be some sort of award out there for accomplishing such a feat.
The fact that I was able to handle it all so well (if I do say so myself-I'm not one to brag...much...) has me thinking this could possibly be one of the greatest accomplishments of my life. If anyone tries to reach me I will be googling nursing mommy awards and submitting my application. If no such award exists, I will be declaring my blog the official site for nursing mommy awards to which the first award will go to................ME! I will be open to viewing other applications for nursing/bottle feeding mommy awards or any other made up accolade that you would like to present. The winner shall receive exclusive bragging rights to the award! Oh, this will be fun!!!!

15 comments:

Laura Lu said...

Please allow me to be the first to CONGRATULATE you! You are one AMAZING Mama!!!!

I could claim that I got skills when it comes to multi-tasking with a bottle, a phone, and a computer...but you already know this! Well anyhoo--CONGRATS to me!!!! I am pretty GREAT too! :) Must be why we like each other so much...take Greatness to know Greatness! :)

Kristi said...

Yeah...well, I got you both beat! I can nurse AND feed a bottle to the same baby at the same time! Have you ever done THAT amazing feat???

:-)

Just kidding.

Now that I don't have any more "babies" to feed, I kind of am out of the competition here. I do remember the days of nursing and trying to do tons of other things at the same time! Isn't it so true that when you sit down to nurse is when someone INEVITABLY needs something or has to go potty?? So true!!

Anyway...I tried to be "greatness" so that I can know "greatness." But, obviously, I don't know have what it takes.

Unless you are having a competition that involves eating. Oreos, anyone??

Laura Lu said...

I'm in it to WIN it...please bring on the Oreos!!! or the NutterButters!!!!! or the peanut M&Ms!!! or the black licorice!!! or the cheesecake!!! or the well pretty much anything that has the first ingredient as SUGAR...Count me IN!

Heather said...

If I were either of you, I would start preparing your concession speeches for any contest containing sugar.

I am a sugar addict and therefore have a much higher tolerance. So...I win again!!

As your concellation prize you can picture me dancing in the kitchen singing "winner, winner, chicken dinner!"

Kristi said...

Wow, someone is getting a little cocky without evening giving her opponents a chance!!!

I think that your little kitchen-dancing song should be more like this, "Winner, winner, think-againer. Kristi could eat us both for dinner!"

Bring on the sugar. I am up for it! :-)

Laura Lu said...

Kristi--PL-EZZE...do you remember how many times I sent you through the food line, buffet line, or any sort of table that had food on it to fill your plate and bring it BACK TO ME!?!?! You can talk big all you want, but you KNOW I can eat a gazillion times more than you (even if I am not pregnant or nursing).

I would also just like to make note of my creative usage of parenthesis.

Anonymous said...

Some people on this blog cannot get their minds off sugar. Sugar-this....sugar-that.....chocolate....m&ms....on and on. Never touch the stuff myself.
And as to THE SUBJECT of mulit tasking while nursing. In a land far, far away and long, long ago, I won the award. Period. I have done almost everything while nursing a baby, including going potty myself. Anonymous Grandma

Laura Lu said...

To Anonymous Grandma--I think it is time to dust off that old trophy and give it to our little friend Heather.

Heather said...

I second that motion!

Heather said...

All in favor say "I"

Laura Lu said...

"eye"

Heather said...

All right, I guess the I's and eye's have it...I WIN...AGAIN!!!!


WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!!!

Laura Lu said...

Please allow me to be the first to congratulate you (again)!!! Can't wait to see what you wear to the awards ceremony.

Kristi said...

It looks like I missed the "official" vote here for the trophy...yes, Heather, I would have given it to you as well!! :-)

Could you put some video on your blog here of the "Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner" Dance, please? I can't tell you just how MUCH I would love to see that...

Hope that all is going well over there! :-)

Lori said...

Hi back at you, Heather! So fun to see YOUR family...wow, how they all have grown!!! :-) Congrats on your precious new little baby girl! How is life as a mom of three? Yes, this will be a very fun way to stay in touch!

Take care,
Lori