Friday, February 8, 2008

Cookies for a sick auntie

This morning the kids helped me make chocolate chip cookies for their sick auntie Shaunna. I told them that she has a cold and isn't feeling very well...then Isaac asked "Do cookies help you not be sick?" I said no, but sometimes they taste so good that they make you feel happy!
Mmmm....they did taste good even though they were missing some extra chocolate chips and a few spoonfuls of flour....


5 comments:

Erin said...

What a great idea. That was so nice of you guys. Wouldn't it be great if we could get better by eating cookies?

Kristi said...

How sweet - literally!!! :-)

I am sure that Auntie enjoyed getting the cookies and that it was a day-brightener for her...and I am sure that your kiddos had a fun time making them in the process!!! :-)

PS
I hope that you and Joe are having a great date tonight! ;-)

Shaunna said...

Heather,
The meal and cookies were FABULOUS!!! They did indeed make me feel more happy!! I didn't even notice the missing flour and chocolate chips. Tell Isaac and Eva they did a GREAT job and that it made auntie Shaunna feel really happy!!!
Love you guys! YOu reallly made my day!!
Love, Shaunna

Lori said...

YUMMY...chocolate chip cookies are my favorite! :-)

What a neat way to be an example of serving and loving WITH your kids!

Laura Lu said...

The real question is who ate more of the chocolate chips while making the cookies????

I vote that you did!

Glad it made Shaunna better...you're so sweet!