Friday, February 1, 2008

Well, it's been a little over a year since my sister passed away.....I have so many different emotions. I know that she is with her heavenly father. I am continualy reminded of God's faithfulness through it all. How he sustained us as a family and blessed us with such a sweet time of reconnection. When I think of the events surrounding her death I am amazed at how His hand worked through it all. How we were able to come together as a family before she passed away. How we had a sweet time of growing closer to our Lord as we planned and prepared. I will never know the impact that her life has had on mine. But I do know that her life, though I may never understand, was precious and sacred. Because of who she was, I am me. Which leaves me in awe of our wonderous God. Bowing in complete humility before His throne of Grace knowing His plan is perfect and His ways are good!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh, Heather. I had no idea...I am so sorry to hear about this. Grieving a loss like this is definitely a life-time thing. I am thankful that you have seen the Lord at work in all of this loss and heartache. I will pray for your family right now. I can't even imagine the pain and loss that you have felt and all that you guys have been through. May our Lord, the God of all comfort, continue to comfort you as only He can (2 Cor. 1:3-4).

Lori said...

Heather,
My heart goes out to you. I did not know you had lost your sister, either. Someone once told me that grief can be like a road...as you travel along, the pain can become a bit more "distant" - but it doesn't ever really "go away" like some people think it might or "should" (even those that are grieving!). I lost my dad very unexpectedly 10 years ago and have gone through many different stages of grief. "Anniversaries" are always especially tough. I am praying that our almighty, loving God will sustain you, lift you up, and carry you through. Sending you big hugs...

Psalm 3:4-6
To the LORD I cry aloud,
and he answers me from his holy hill.
Selah
I lie down and sleep;
I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.

Anonymous said...

Heather,
What lovely encouragements your friends sent. I imaging Heidi singing and dancing in praise, as I write. Carol