Tuesday, May 13, 2008

PB&J

Today started out like any other day. When I began getting lunch ready for the kids they were goofing around singing and dancing and Eva asked for O-WAH (Jehovah). This quickly became her favorite song during our Easter production and she still loves dancing to the music so I downloaded it from i-tunes and they began dancing and singing while I made lunch. Then the music kept playing from my playlist and Isaac would ask "What's the name of this song" I said "Days of Elijah"......That's when it hit me...........(Does your mind work randomly like mine?)..........Anyway, IT hit me that.................

I know that my children will accept Christ at an early age........I KNOW THIS!

I Pray FOR them, TO them, OVER them, and AROUND them.........

As Days of Elijah played in the background, the kids were eating (and goofing around) and I began to contemplate......I just finished explaining to Isaac who Elijah was and that he lived a long time ago even before Jesus was born and that was the end of the discussion (for now).

The song is a powerful song, it makes even me want to dance and throw my arms up to heaven in the middle of eating PB&J.........That's when IT hit me again...............

WILL THEIR FAITH RESONATE TO THE VERY CORE OF THEIR BEING and what will their faith look like at my age? Will it be so much more then the feeling you get from worshiping to beautiful music or the moment of inspiration that's left after a sermon. I long for them to not only know God's word but to KNOW IT! To understand it in all of it's power and significance so much more then I do.

Lord,
I pray that my children will see our faith alive and active. That it will resonate deeply within them and that they will know in an intimate way the God that they serve. I pray that they can see clearly the path this world would have for them verses the path God has. I pray that they will not be easily swayed our tempted but that your Holy Spirit in them will continually guide them. I pray that they would not seek fame or status except for in You alone! AMEN!

8 comments:

Kristi said...

Amen, Heather!

I too so pray that my kids would love the Lord with all of their HEART, SOUL, MIND, and STRENGTH...with everything that is within them and everything that IS them! My heart aches for this in a BIG way...

Thanks for sharing your heart, your love for your kids, and your prayer! I appreciate that and can completely echo the things that you shared!

You are an encouragement to others...thanks!!

Laura Lu said...

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!!

Staci said...

Heather your post gave me chills all over. . .I too pray that my children would come to know the Lord at an early age and that they would Love Him and honor him. Thank you for that encouragement today I needed it. I still have chills!!

Anonymous said...

So precious. Great post.

Laura Lu said...

just so you know...i was going to post a really dumb comment, but i stopped myself from being dumb on this post. that's what true friends do, you know.

Lori said...

What a great post, Heather. I pray the same thing for my kids, too! It is just such a DEEP desire in my heart for each of them to know, trust, believe, and love the Lord!!!

Thanks for sharing...

:-)

Jessica said...

I read your post a few days ago and just keep thinking about it. It is such a good testimony of how open our kids are to God and how important it is to teach them from birth about the joy of serving God and being His child! Great Post!

Carol said...

Dearest Heather,
I pray for your children too. I pray that Isaac will be a man after God's own heart. That Eva and Sophia will be women after God's own heart. That they will be warriors for Christ in this world of ours. That their faith and works will be so much more than those of us that have gone before them! Love, Grandma Carol