Friday, May 23, 2008

Ask and Ye Shall Receive!

Sorry it took so long to get this post up, I know you all have been waiting! Let me just say that "ratting" and "teasing" your hair is a lost art form and has become increasingly difficult due to the fact that they just don't make hairspray the way they use to. Also, a spiral perm sure would've helped a lot.

But on a serious note...

I got tagged by my friend Laura. Here are the Rules--Link the person who tagged you.* Mention the rules in your blog.* Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours.* Tag a new set of six following bloggers by linking them:

1. I LOVE to clean my children's ears! It seriously brings me such joy!

2. I LOVE to stay up late and see how high I can tease my hair. The best part for me is not telling my unsuspecting husband what I'm up to so when he opens up the bathroom door he has this look of "O.K. WHAT am I suppose to say to her?"

3. I am driving around with an expired driver's license.

4. I am currently lactating and I nurse my children for about 4 years.

5. I actually do nurse my children longer then a year but it usually ends up being more like 15-18 months.

6. I am addicted to uncontrolled substances. Caffeine and Sugar

19 comments:

Laura Lu said...

Oh my goodness...you've got me laughing with tears and it is only 7 something am...way to early for me to be laughing this hard...I haven't even had any coffee yet.

You rocked this tag! And I love what you are doing with your hair these days. Looks great on you, milkmama.

Staci said...

Love it Heather!!

Kristi said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! :-)

You just made my day with this picture, Heather! Thanks for the laugh and for stepping up to the plate and sharing your 80s look with us. HILARIOUS!!

So, are you going to continue with this hairstyle/look while you are out on the town, running errands with your kids? Oh, how I would love to hear about the reactions that you get IF you would do that!!

You up for that challenge too?? :-)

Ahhh...that was great!

Shaunna said...

Heather,
I am getting worried about you! Do I need to come over and help?
Um yeah, I can only imagine Joe's look on his face when he opened the bathroom door!!!!
HA,HA!!
Shaunna

Heather said...

This post is too funny!!!

Erin said...

I love your new look!

Jaci said...

I just LOVE the look!:-) Thanks for the laugh...the perfect 80's song too. I honestly was thinking "who is that Heather who commented on Kristi's Blog"...was I ever surprised it was you!:-) Too, too funny!

Lori said...

WOW...what a great picture! :-) Reminds me of "glamour shots" - which I always thought would be so cool!

One of my favorite things about 80s fashion was that you could *match* your eyeshadow to whatever you happened to be wearing. I literally had some sort of palette of eyeshadow, ranging from pink to blue to yellow (yes, yellow!) to green and all colors in between!

You look totally rad! :-)

Tengesdal 4 said...

Wow.... you take my breath away!!! How's that for an acceptable comment? Take it however you need to today! :)

Tengesdal 4 said...

Alright- so I just looked at Laura's site and realized that your new profile picture has been changed to this one.... I agree with Kristi- take it one step further- head out to WalMart!! :)

Heather said...

WOW, Thanks Betsy for such a great comment! I needed that this morning:) Now all day I'm going to be singing "Take my breath away..."

Laura Lu said...

H- you already quote most of the lines from Top Gun...so singing "Take My Breath Away" will fall right in place.

Sometimes I come visit you here just to listen to your music!

Oh and did you ever know that you're my hero? This photo might top the *I love everything about Laura* post...no wait, I like that as my favorite still. This is a really close second.

I'm just curious how you keep up nursing all 3 kids?

Anonymous said...

Andrea wrote:

Hello high hair and eyeshadow look of the 80's!

On the 4th, you may have to be part of the "burn ban" ;-)

Hey kids, keep the sparklers away from aunt/cousin Heather!!!

Keep on blogging girl - you're great!!!

Anonymous said...

You are HYSTERICAL. We are ALL crying laughing over here today.

Since I am hugely pregnant... laughing = peeing. So THANKS for that.

Karen said...

I absolutely love the hair and the eye shadow, Heather. That picture is a scream.

Wow, nursing 3 kids at once - your'e amazing. I hope you're drinking plenty of water every day to keep hydrated.

Laura, how's it going for you? Are you drinking enough too?

Kristi said...

I have been meaning to ask you...

Did you go to Glamor Shots by Deb to get this great picture of you? :-)

Tengesdal 4 said...

I had to come back... seriously... I can't get enough of this picture!! And today- I have a new song for Joe to sing to you: "Lady In Red".....

Anonymous said...

I'm speechless
Carol

Kristi said...

I just wanted you to know that I had a dream about you last night. It was really random!!! Must be because I am missing your blog posts!! ha ha ha :-)

Hope that you are all doing well!