Saturday, October 13, 2007
Venting
So, I'm just going to vent...Yesterday we were playing in the back yard when the neighbors 3 kids behind us with the dilapidated fence were playing outside as well. Of course, there are never any parents out there so the kids are always squishing their faces between the slats saying "what are you doing?" "What's your name?" Which is no big deal we're always nice and talk to them but then the youngest little one says "You're a stinky pair of underwear" to which I say "What?" and he replies "You're both a stinky pair of underwear!" So I say "Should I come over there and talk to your mom?" To which the older boy says "Na na nananana." Meanwhile Isaac thinks he said "I sleep in my underwear." Thankfully he didn't hear what the boy was really saying and we just kept playing baseball and ignored them and to my amazement Isaac hit almost every ball I pitched to him, really well. Which had the 3 boys who were still standing at the fence watching us saying "WOW!", "Nice hit!" Isaac had a huge smile on his face and said "They're cheering for me, aren't they!" So all of a sudden I went from a really mad mama bear to a proud mother who was thinking "Take that, you little snots!" All the while in the back of my head I was thinking of what we could plant there to keep them on their side...evergreens would get too big and take up too much of the yard, maybe some nice shrubs but then what about in the fall when the leaves fall off...Maybe an electric fence, that'd teach them. Oh, did I mention that this same house also has 3 dogs and 1 cat that is always in our yard. Ugh, don't you wish you could "Try before you buy" when it comes to houses. I know we'll figure it out and like I said I'm just venting but I really think it should be required by law to put in the disclaimer 3 dogs and 1 pesky cat live in the house behind us. Well, the cat doesn't come around when I'm out there since I usually throw rocks at it but I still see it out there when we're not outside so I'm going to have to step up my defenses. Next step may have to be the BB gun, Joe suggested just calling the pound but I think that it would be better for everyone to just train it to stay out of our yard or it gets a shot in the butt, makes much more sense to me! I mean cats are supposed to be intelligent animals aren't they? Oh, and did I mention the new Speck is sick again.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You and your goldfish--too funny!! Yeah, it makes life difficult when other kids are saying not-nice things. I am glad that they were cheering for Isaac--way to go buddy!!! I can just see him gleaming now! I'll keep Speck in my prayers. :) Shaunna
Ok...for the bushes, how about some nice dwarf lilacs? They would smell pretty and don't get too big.
For the BB-gun...our neighbors did that once to our dog when I was growing up. Those neighbors had some serious issues...so I don't suggest doing that. I have to agree with Joe...call the pound. They would have to pay to get the dumb thing out, and who wants to pay to release a cat from jail?!?!
Post a Comment