
In a recent poll 70% of Americans say that being a father is the most important roll for a man to play in today's world. I found this on Rasmussen Reports. I wonder if it was men they surveyed or women or both and how if would change depending upon who answered. I think in today's society dads are always getting the shaft. You never see a strong male leader on any prime time TV show. It always depicts the men as being the "dufus", always doing something wrong or getting in trouble from the wife. Yes, it's funny but I wonder if the ramifications of this are more far reaching then we could ever know. I wonder how if effects young men and their idea of what their role should be in marriage and parenting or better yet, how does it effect women? Does it cause women to take on more then they should to overstep their bounds and start doing the things that should be left for the father to do? I don't know I'm just throwing it out there.
So, on father's day or any day, let's tell our dads and husbands just how important they are to us. How their leadership directs our families. How their prayers bless us and our children and protect their spiritual welfare. How their faith can be passed down through the generations so that not only our children will be blessed but also our great-great-great grandchildren that we can meet one day in heaven. Let's tell them that they are 100% the most important thing in our lives (aside from God) and that fulfilling their God given role as husband and father truly is the greatest blessing our family will ever have!
2 comments:
Amen Sister!!! That says it all!
Shaunna
I agree Heather. I connect far better with my Dad than my Mom. There is just something special about him and my Father In Law. They mean so much to me. It's not to be hard on my Mom but it's been that way since I was born. I am sad thinking about the kids who were never given the chance to have a meaningful relationship with a father. Mom's and Dad's go together. I pray that our nation won't forget about that.
Post a Comment