Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Our Christmas Miracle!

First of all I have to say a big THANK YOU to everyone for all of your prayers and encouraging words! I can't tell you how much that has meant to me and my family. Penny and Jody, thank you for your e-mails through the hospital. The nurse just brought them in to me and I had no idea you could do that but they were so much fun to get this morning-thank you, thank you! I don't know how to send e-mails from my computer but I can receive them so to those of you that have been sending me e-mail I'm getting them and as soon as Joe figures out how to get my messages sent I will.



Sophia is doing great! I will post pictures as soon as Joe brings me the cords to download them onto my computer. We were pretty unprepared so Joe's been doing a lot of running back and forth from the hospital to the house.

Sophia truly is our Christmas miracle. She was born weighing 6lbs. 2oz. and has been breathing on her own. I haven't been able to hold her or nurse her yet but I should be able to do both today. She is on IV antibiotics just as a precaution but she'll be on them for 10 days so we won't be able to take her home with us on friday when I'll be discharged. I was disappointed but at the same time it will be nice that it will be over a weekend so I'll be able to get to the hospital easily with Joe being home and I do think it will be nice for Isaac and Eva to have me home for a few days before the baby comes home. We have so much to be thankful for, especially for her health.

I just can't say thank you enough for all of your prayers!! God has given me such a peace, His timing and plan is always perfect even if we don't always understand! Thank you, thank you!!

3 comments:

Laura Lu said...

PRAISE JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY, Heth, you did it! I'm so proud of you!!!

CoNGrAtULatIoNs!

Love ya,
Laura

Anonymous said...

Praise God. He is so faithful. I am glad your doing well. Sofia is a beautiful baby! I was excited to see her from picture Ev sent the family!

-Erin

Kristi said...

I am so thankful that your little girl is here and is doing WELL! What a praise is right! I hope that you have gotten to hold her and nurse her now...those moments are precious! I look forward to seeing pictures! I will check back later!! :-) Congrats, Mom and Dad!!