I know I've used this title before but I promise never to use it again unless:
1. We see the Dr. more then 2 x in one day and
2. The day involves a phone call to 911
We had finished eating supper and I was off to Target all by myself to do some shopping, I thought I had at least an hour before Sophia would need to nurse again. Wrong, I was there for about 10 minutes when Joe called and said he couldn't get her settled down so I checked out as fast as I could and was on my way home. I called him when I got in the car to say I'd be home in 5 minutes. He called back in about 2 minutes and said Don't botherd coming in the house because we have to go to the hospital! WHAT???? Isaac swallowed the marble from his Mouse Trap game. Apparently he was choking/gagging on it so Joe called 911 and then Isaac just swallowed it. Everything is O.K. but we did take him to the walk in clinic, they took an x-ray and it's getting ready to pass through his intestines. Since it's so heavy, it's moving quickly! It was quite a scare for all of us but especially my husband and son.
So now I'm left with the fun part.............Finding it!!!! I have the rubber gloves ready to go!!!!
Oh and it was the second trip to the dr.'s office since I was just in earlier for Sophia's shots.
The funny part:
I always tell Joe that all the receptionists at our clinic know me by name and now he believes me because he walked up to check in with Isaac in his arms and started giving the lady our name and she said "It's o.k., I know who you are!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Poor Isaac! How scary! Poor Heather (good thing for rubber gloves). But really funny that the Dr. office knows who you are when you walk in the door!!!
Michelle
Eeeewwwww...for your new check list of "things to do"!!! ;)
Poor Isaac...no wait, poor Joe!
Way to go--Dad of the Year! :)
Oh, Heather...how traumatic and scary for everyone involved!!!
So, has it made its way out yet??? :-) Oh, the "joys" that motherhood bring sometimes!!!
So glad to hear that everyone is doing OK!!!
Post a Comment