Sorry to leave you all hanging......Yep, the kids have hitchhiker thumb as well! I bet you were all on the edge of your seats!!!
We've been busy around here. Eva is sick now and I took her to the dr. today thinking she had bronchitis but she doesn't, however the dr. thought she might have influenza (we all had a flu shot?) but that test came back negative and as we were waiting for the lab to do the culture Eva had to go potty. As I pulled down her pants I saw hives all over her legs, on her bottom and on her arms!! She has never had a reaction like this before so I was really startled. The nurse came and took us back to see the dr. again and Eva couldn't stop sneezing!!! The dr. and nurse couldn't figure out what was causing this allergic reaction!!
So we left, I took Eva to my mom's because she was watching the other 2 and I ran and got some benadryl. Then when I got home I called the pharmacy for the proper dosage since the dosage was for 6-12 year olds on the box and they asked how much she weighed and told me 1 1/2 teaspoons. It seemed like a bit much to me but I was in a hurry to get that benadryl in her so I gave it to her and then as I was looking at the box of benadryl it said 1-2 tsp. for a 6-12 year old.....so I called a different pharmacy and asked again for the proper dosage, this time they asked if it was the children's benadryl and what the concentration of the active ingredient was. They said the dosage should be a little less then 1/2 tsp. So I just gave my daughter 3x that amount....Ahhhhh!
Did I mention that we also had our play practice for our Easter production at church and Joe and I are Joseph and Mary. Sophia is baby Jesus and Isaac is toddler Jesus. Tonight was the first full dress rehearsal! Let me just end there. Today was a busy day and one that I don't care to relive. Thanks for letting me vent! As I end my venting session I am listening to Sophia fill her diaper. Yep, that pretty much sums up this entire day!
Praise the Lord, tomorrow is a new day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sheesh...sorry you had such a crazy day! Next time remember to call me first! ;)
Oh boy Heather! Shaunna
I was wondering about the thumbs...thanks for getting back to us about that!!! :-)
Sorry about the MANIC Monday...did you wish it was Sunday? :-)
Hope that Eva is doing better!!!
Thats awesome that you guys are in the play - way to be active in the church!
Also, thanks for the update on the thumbs...I was wondering...
Heather... I hope and pray that the REST of your week slowed down a bit!!!
Did you ever discover what was causing the allergic reaction?
Post a Comment