Thursday, April 3, 2008

Let's Get Real, PEOPLE!

I mean it, let's get real. It's time to let it all out...(not literally).






Let me tell you about today, it has been so stressful. Joe was gone last night for work so I slept horribly, and poor Sophia is now sick so she's been very fussy all day and to top it off our dishwasher is in and the installer just called an hour ago and asked if he could come first thing in the morning! Hallelujah, I am going to save the dishes I have for tomorrow! YEAH!!!






Anyway, this is the "let's get real part" this is what my kitchen looked like without a dishwasher.....


But, sometimes my kitchen will look like this even when the dishwasher is working.........I know I'm horrible but let's get real. I have 3 kids 4 and under and I don't always remember if the dishwasher is clean or dirty and it doesn't take much to have things pile up.

Also, the installer is coming first thing in the morning so I will definitely shower tonight but I am seriously thinking about sleeping in my clothes!

I have loved seeing everybody's Easter pictures of their whole family but the reality of it is...................This is our families Easter picture!



Beautiful isn't it?!? Isaac was sick but notice how I coordinated my hubby's shirt with the pillow sham? I did have matching outfits for the kiddos but I guess those will have to wait for another day.

8 comments:

Staci said...

Oh Heather I can SO relate. . hang in there!! Also we were all sick for Easter too so the kiddo's cute Easter outfits had to wait too. . .hey the outfits I figured could be worn more than once. And hey the dishes mine look like that quite often and I have one less child and my children are a bit older. . .what can I say maybe we just have TOO much fun with our kids. . .Hang in there Heather!! You are such a great mom!!

lefobserver said...

HI FROM GREECE.
I AM 10 YEARS OLD.
PLEASE,
CAN YOU ENTER IN MY BLOG IN ORDER TO TAKE THE FLAG OF COOK ISLANDS AND IT IS WRITTEN IN MY MAP OF VISITORS?
THANK YOU.
lefobserver.blogspot.com

The RockStar said...

Um ... I had something hilarious to say and then I read lefobserver, lost my train of thought and am now drooling all over myself.

I am a 33 year old grown man. Please take the flag of my island chain, chant there is no place like home and lick your placemat twice ... seriously ... what the heck is that?

Disclaimer: I am actually to frightened to go visit lefobserver. The puppy dog/polar bear cub frightens me

Tengesdal 4 said...

Heather- sometimes "real" is such a welcome relief from "perfect" :). Thanks for being honest enough & brave enough to admit that your counters look like that even when your dishwasher works... I'm in the same boat. In the spirit of "real"- I'll admit that I HATE to unload the dishwasher... I would rather wash the dishes by hand than unload the stupid thing! (of course- then I prefer to have them 'dry' on the counter).....

So... thanks- you're a breath of fresh air!!! :)

joyinchaos said...

That was very funny to read, Heather. Thanks a lot. I agree, let's get real! Who's house is clean all of the time?who's dishes are done and counters cleared off? Not mine!
I thought Joe matched his shirt with your pillowcase. Haa Haa
I am glad you finally got your dishwasher though. Thank you Jesus for modern tech.

Kristi said...

I thought it was SO funny how you said something about Joe's shirt coordinating with the pillow sham! Thanks for the chuckle!!

Oh...how is the new dishwasher working for you??? Oh, how dishwashers are WONDERFUL, aren't they??? :-)

Lori said...

Ha ha ha...I LOVED this post, Heather! It made me laugh...and all of us moms and women can relate to just needing to be REAL...thanks for that! :-)

BTW, I have the same coffee pot (I know we share a love for coffee!) - whenever it beeps (when the coffee is done brewing), the kids will holler, "Mom, your coffee is ready!"

:-)

Anonymous said...

VERY FUNNY. I love when things coordinate.