Thursday, April 17, 2008

Politics!

This was something I wrote in response to another comment on shaunna's blog I thought some of you may find it interesting and worth reading.


The distinction between abortion and the war is that abortion is the most innocent life possible. Yes, there is innocent life being lost in the war but the judgement there is what is the greater good of the war? I don't believe it was for oil, I believe the goal of the war was to save more innocent lives. With Sudam's regime you can not dispute the mass graves that have been found and the pictures of the chemical weapons that he used on his own people, I don't know why people forget that part? Oh yeah, because the liberal media doesn't ever tell it. Iraq would be another Darfur. Furthermore, Darfur is a humanitarian crisis that Clinton didn't do anything about however, president Bush would like to declare Darfur a holocaust however it is Politically Incorrect to say that Arabs are committing a holocaust. Bush has actually asked the U.N. to get more involved but he is meeting much resistance on their part. Again, something the liberal media is not going to tell you. As far as the environment, that is a GREAT issue to bring up. Republicans want to preserve and protect the environment. Also, some of the GREATEST conservationists are republicans, wanting to preserve natural game habitat (again something you'll never hear from the liberal media) The DISTINCTION is that republicans want to take a more measured and reasonable approach taking into consideration the effect environmental measures will have on peoples everyday lives, the economy, their families and their jobs. The KIOTO treaty is the perfect example of some of the sillyness of the liberal environmental agenda. All it did was allow wealthy corporations to buy carbon credits from other companies. Which doesn't prevent pollution, or reduce the total amount of emissions it just shifts it from one to another. Not to mention another government agency that has to be established to regulate it. An example of good intentions gone bad. Why not just pass a law that reduces peoples carbon foot prints outright as opposed to shifting it from one person to another. As far as homosexuality goes, the Bible says that it's wrong! The government through it's policies and laws encourages or discourages certain behaviors. You see it everywhere from the tax code to criminal laws. We make moral judgements all of the time. The government through it's people makes moral judgments and if we are to be a Judeo Christian society our moral judgments need to be guided by what the Bible says. In the particular case of homosexual marriage, if the government endorses it, it will be acceptable and therefore degrade the definition of marriage that the Bible has laid out.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Don't get me started...Don't even get me started!

I'm not sure I want to see the blog that prompted this heartfelt message from you. Your a fierce debator, Heather.

I'm trying to remember if this speech was included in your political tv appearance... maybe not.

Anyway, maybe we should get you to run for a seat in our district next time its open.
"Representative Heather" Yeah that sounds good!

Signed, Julie: one of your humble constituents.

April 17, 2008 11:27 AM

Lori said...

YOU.GO.GIRL!

:-)

Erin said...

I love your views and points. If only I could take to you work with me. I get so flustered when a bunch of liberals are yelling around me.

Kristi said...

Yes...you go girl is right! Loved to read your thoughts and passions...thanks for sharing!

Tengesdal 4 said...

You're just a wonder woman, aren't you?? I haven't heard if you leap tall buildings in a single bound or can dodge speeding bullets- but you can squish poop, match your family, keep spoons out of belly buttons and then debate politics all in the same week... You're amazing, Heather!!

joyinchaos said...

wow!! I had to keep checking on the author of this speech. Well spoken!!