Friday, May 4, 2007

#1 OR #2? I WANNA KNOW WHO!


THIS JUST HIT ME... MY SON DOESN'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO GO #1 OR #2.

Then I realized a few things. First of all, how nice it will be to teach him that for those times when you're out in public or sitting down to eat at a restaurant. Then I started to wonder, how long have people been using the terms #1 or #2, I mean we've just been saying poopy or potty and that's working just fine for now but I do see the need for teaching him #1 or #2. Then it hit me...I AM CERTAIN THAT IT WAS A MOM WHO CAME UP WITH #1 OR #2, I wonder how many years or centuries this has been going on and is it universal? Do people in Spain or Argentina say uno or dos? Then I started to picture a mom taking her kids with to an afternoon tea and coming up with this "secret code" before hand so that her children could be proper and polite. Then I can just hear all of the other moms all dressed up in their white gloves and hats sipping their tea asking "What are they talking about? My what a great idea if I do say so myself!" And the next thing you know groups of moms are getting together and talking about this new code for poopy and potty that now is the proper etiquette! Well that is my version of how this must have come to pass (no pun intended).

I know, I just spent my whole post talking about bowel movements. But hey, that's motherhood. Nobody has cleaned them up more, talked about them more or worried about them more then moms.

1 comment:

Shaunna said...

Heather,
You always warned me that I would never look at bowel movements the same way after I had kids--you are right. I never kept track of the frequency or consistancy of it like I do now. Thanks for the warning! Your are right-moms know poopy and potty more than anyone else!