Monday, May 7, 2007

THE MOST CONVICTING THING I HAVE EVER HEARD!

For my post today I am choosing to put a link on to hear an excerpt from one of Pastor Pipers sermons. I will warn you ahead of time that it is one of the most convicting things my heart has heard and I have a lot of repenting to do. I will simply leave it at that and let you listen at your own risk...

If you do go to this site just click on listen to excerpt.
http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/ConferenceMessages/ByDate/1858_Dont_Waste_Your_Life/

1 comment:

Laura Lu said...

AMEN!!! This is exactly where Matt and I are at. We have had to look at our finances and decide where are we going. This whole adoption is going to cost way more than we have ever imagined, but this is what God is calling us to do. The Holy Spirit has an amazing way of using Pastor Piper's preaching to bring about conviction. Pastor Piper has an amazing way of reassuring us that when we are going against the flow of our world...even our Christian world...we are doing what is right. What a reassurance from the Lord when he started talking about the areas of the world not having clean water, etc. That is exactly where our boys are at. Praise the Lord for using Pastor Piper to encourage my heart today. I have been feeling so overwhelmed with this journey of faith that we are on...how is it all going to work out, how is all of the money going to come in, a car, etc. All I know is what the Lord is asking us to do right now. I don't have to have the future all figured out. I need to live TODAY for the glory of Jesus Christ. Thanks, Heth for sharing this with the rest of us! The Lord used you today to bring me more reassurance that we are doing what is right, even when it doesn't make sense to the rest of the world. He used this to bring about further conviction in my life as well...what am I really living for? Oh to live completely for the glory of Jesus Christ. You are such a sweet blessing!