Thursday, May 3, 2007

24=48


Question: How long does it take for the parents of 2 young children to watch their favorite TV program that they have recorded and have been waiting to watch for 5 days?



Answer: 2 hours and that's fast forwarding through the commercials.


That's right 2 hours and I'm not even joking. We have been waiting to watch 24 all week and tonight was the big night. We put both the kids to bed, cleaned up a little bit and waited... Yep, they're both sleeping! We put in our show and were totally relaxed and that's when it all started. I think Isaac came out of his room 3 or 4 times Eva woke up twice (she's teething) and the phone rang 3 or 4 times. Our tape in the VCR was going something like this PAUSE, REWIND, PLAY...PAUSE, REWIND, PLAY...




But on a serious note, here's something to think about. I was driving by the Unitarian church today on my way to the Y and despite my beliefs they sometimes have, for me, really thought provoking quotes. Today it was "The strictest justice can be a persons greatest injustice" I'm not sure if I have the quote exactly right but you get the point. Joe thinks that this could be true if a law or rule is applied blindly without commonsense. Which I agree can and does happen sometimes. Thankfully we serve a just God

... he will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth. Isaiah 42:4

His own sweet perfect order not faltered by our own human sin.


And that's my deep thought for today smothered between taking the kids to the Y to sign Isaac up for Itty Bitty Soccer and Baseball then driving to the flower shop to buy pot liners for two of my flower pots except that Eva fell asleep sometime on the way over there so instead of picking up my pot liners I ended up driving around and looking at cranes for Isaac while Eva slept. Maybe we'll try that errand again tomorow.



No comments: